Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 12, 2013
Week Fourteen: Another night of top games throughout the state that will eventually affect the way the seeding committee lays out the bracket.
Three Gyms To Be At
1. Cibola High School: No. 17 Volcano Vista at No. 18 Cibola. Each week something happens to shake up the landscape of the District race. Last week it was Volcano Vista losing to four-win Cleveland putting the Hawks in a tie for second. The Cougars are a team that is peaking at the right moment and with a win here they could be set up for a top four seed in March according to our Week 14: Road To The PIT.
2. Rio Grande High School: No. 12 Atrisco Heritage Academy at Rio Grande. Yes, right now the Rio Grande Ravens have the tie-breaker over Atrisco Heritage but the twelve ranked Jaguars are coming off an impressive win over District 5-5A leader Valley. This one could be a tight game for 32-minutes as the Ravens are looking for redemption on their last push for a playoff spot.
A Few Questions:
1. Can they do it again? No. 22 Gallup vs. Belen. A few weeks ago the Belen Eagles jumped IN the tournament with an impressive win over Gallup. The Bengals will need this win to secure a "better" playoff spot. The Eagles are a few games OUT of making the tournament and need a win desperately.
2. Peaking or falling? No. 13 Espanola Valley vs. No. 20 Capital. Right now the Sundevils are leading District 2-4A and could use another win to solidify their spot in March. The Capital Jaguars are a bit on the fringe right now of staying a contender or completely spiraling down to pretender.
3. Ready to challenge for the title?No. 8 Valley vs. No. 15 Albuquerque High. Last year at this time the roles were changed as the Vikings of Valley were trailing the Bulldogs. Now the Bulldogs will look to bite the Vikings in the foot and get a share of the District 5-5A title. Are the Bulldogs going to answer when called upon though?.
Grine: Tuesday Rundown
Upset Pick of Tuesday: Los Alamos over Santa Fe.
My Tuesday dark horse: Artesia taking on Roswell.
Intriguing game in Las Cruces: Onate vs. Las Cruces High.
I would be at if I was in SENM: Artesia vs. Roswell.
Small School Game: Santa Fe Prep vs. Mora.
A lot on the line: Moriarty vs Del Norte
Bubble game of the night: Rio Rancho vs. Cleveland.
Keep An Eye On These Teams
Cleveland Storm: If you look up I have the Storm playing in the Bubble Buster Game of the night. The Storm shocked the state last week beating Volcano Vista. The Storm could move into a clean runner-up spot and possible tournament spot with a win here and Cibola win over Volcano Vista.
Clovis Wildcats: The Wildcats had cooled there for a bit but the fire seems back on with a win on the road at Hobbs last week. The Cats are now in position for a top seed come March. The issue at hand is beat a hot Carlsbad team tonight.
Onate Knights: This game has some spark to it and I will tell you why: For one, the Knights are on one of the biggest desperate calls in 5A basketball. They win here and they could be back IN they lose and that pretty much raps up the season. Next, the Las Cruces Bulldawgs are vying for a possible 1-seed in March but remember they have a make-up game with Hobbs on Saturday - they can't overlook the Knights.
Capitan vs Mescalero
Chaparral vs Santa Teresa
Cibola vs Volcano Vista
Cleveland vs Rio Ranchov Cloudcroft vs Hagerman
Clovis vs Carlsbad
Del Norte vs Moriarty
Deming vs Centennial
Espanola Valley vs Capital
Estancia vs Bosque School
Eunice vs NMMI
Floyd vs Tatum
Foothill vs Mountainair
Gallup vs Belen
Graceway Christian vs Evangel Christian
Grants vs Los Lunas
Jemez Valley vs Menaul
Lordsburg vs Cobre
Los Alamos vs Santa Fe
Lovington vs Portales
Magdalena vs Alamo Navajo
Mayfield vs Gadsden
Melrose vs Texico
Mesilla Valley vs Hatch Valley
Mora vs Santa Fe Prep
Onate vs Las Cruces
Rio Grande vs Atrisco Heritage
Roswell vs Artesia
Miyamura vs Valencia
Penasco vs Pecos
Rehoboth vs Ramah
St. Pius X vs Albuquerque Academy
Tohatchi vs Zuni
Valley vs Albuquerque High
Vaughn vs Lake Arthur
West Mesa vs Highland
Join the Conversation: Comment Here
Joshua J. Grine joined NMPreps.com before the 2010 basketball season as our Senior Basketball Analyst. Grine is a former coach (Valencia, Rio Rancho) and basketball player (Grants, Rio Rancho) who has been around New Mexico for several years.
Twitter: Twitter Here.
New Mexico NEWS