Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 7, 2013
Recap: District Rumbles
Week Thirteen: Wednesday night didn't have plenty of games but the games it had made a huge impact on District races.
Grine: Lessons Learned
1. District 5-5A battle is just heating up: No. 18 Albuquerque High 48, No. 25 Rio Grande 44. The Bulldogs who started to lose some power have become "sleepers" again and make District 5-5A in a battle for the runner-up spot. The Ravens who were second going into the game now will have to battle it out with Atrisco Heritage and Albuquerque High for that spot.
3. More District 5-5A News: West Mesa 55, No. 9 Atrisco Hertiage 50. The Mustangs are joining the rumble for the runner up spot with Rio Grande, Albuquerque High and Atrisco. The three teams are a couple games behind leader Valley, who beat Highland on Wednesday. It could eventually hurt or help the teams come selection Sunday. I'll try and figure that out on the Week 13: NMPreps.com Road To The PIT.
1. Coaches on Leave From District 2-4A: James Barron (santafenewmexican) reported that Santa Fe head coach and Capital assistant coach are both on paid administration leave. The two teams squared off last night with Capital coming away with the win. Join the conversation.
2. More Young Sundevils: The Espanola Valley Sundevils have young faces and another name emerges with Elias Archuleta a freshman three point shooter. He will be a name to remember along with sophomore Jared Garduno who has shown signs of being a solid prospect.
3. Valley Duo: Joe Anaya and Adonis Saltes continue to explode and lead the Valley Vikings. The guard combo had a combined 44 of the Vikings 59 points. Anaya had 27 points (4 three pointers) and Saltes finished with 17. Both players could be the leading candidates for District 5-5A player of the year.
Prime Time Player: Joe Anaya
The sweet shooting guard is not only one of the state of New Mexico's top players the junior is leading the Vikings back and could be in place for being the number one team in next weeks poll depending on how the rest of the week goes. They would have to leap from Sandia who was number two and recently upset number one La Cueva.
Wednesday Starting Five:
Nominate: Week 13: Player of the Week
Tuesday Night Highlights
Join the Conversation: Comment Here
New Mexico NEWS