Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 19, 2013
Tuesday Night: Round Two of Neal vs. Alford
Week Fifteen: The final week of the 2012-2013 regular season is actually here. It ends a season of unknowns almost every night.
Three Gyms To Be At
1. Eldorado High School: No. 2 Eldorado vs. No. 4 La Cueva. Last time the two met they sold out the La Cueva High School gym. It is also a game between two players that will be remembered for a long time to come. This could be the final time the two meet Cullen Neal and Bryce Alford will look to and a District title to either of their resumes, if Eldorado wins tonight they clinch the District 2-5A regular season title.
2. Mesilla Valley High School: Mesilla Valley vs. Tularosa. The small school match-up never disappoints as the two programs will square off for a District title, playoff seed and chances of hosting a first round State Tournament game. Plenty of fine athletes in this contest. New Mexico State commit will have his hands full against rival Mesilla Valley who has plenty of options in Christian Jimenez, Jeff Adler and Devon Tourtillott.
A Few Questions:
1. Statement win for a top seed? Moriarty taking on No. 3 St. Pius X brings an intriguing headline. The Pintos have been and will be a dangerous sleeper in March but this game has been circled and could cause for heads to turn.
2. Sandia a Top-8, Manzano a playoff team?Two questions in one line. The No. 6 Sandia Matadors have fallen from being the number one team in New Mexico but they will take on a desperate No. 21 Manzano team who needs this win more. The Manzano Monarchs are winless in District and that could keep them OUT.
3. Goddard in the field of 16? A tall order for the Rockets who haven't been on the radar much this season. However, when they take on No. 7 Roswell they have their playoff hopes on the line like Manzano does above. They play in a very strong District but can't afford to go winless during the District race.
Grine: Tuesday Rundown
Upset Pick of Tuesday: Rio Rancho over Cibola.
My Tuesday dark horse: Goddard taking on Roswell.
Intriguing game in Las Cruces: Mayfield vs. Alamogordo.
I would be at if I was in SENM: Clovis vs. Carlsbad.
Small School Game: Mesilla vs. Tulie.
A lot on the line: Both Rio Rancho and Cleveland
Bubble game of the night: Socorro vs. Hot Springs
Keep An Eye On These Teams
Alamogordo Tigers:The Tigers have a lot on the line tonight against the Mayfield Trojans, a team known for being the spoiler in some cases. The Tigers have the room to finally go dancing in March.
Centennial Hawks: The little team that could. The Hawks are very young led by a freshman and sophomore but watch-out for this team as they could go dancing with a win over Santa Teresa tonight.
Del Norte Knights: Bubble hopes have just about popped for the Knights but they could steal two wins, another against Albuquerque Academy who they beat early to have some argument to go dancing. The Knights just haven't been able to jump over that hill.
February 19, 2013
Alamo Navajo vs To'Hajiilee
Bosque vs East Mountain
Carlsbad vs Clovis
Chaparral vs Deming
Cibola vs Rio Rancho
Cleveland vs Volcano Vista
Cloudcroft vs Capitan
Corona vs Vaughn
Del Norte vs Albuquerque Academy
Des Moines vs Wagon Mound
Dora vs Tatum
Eldorado vs La Cueva
Estancia vs Native American Community Academy
Eunice vs Loving
Evangel Christian vs Santa Fe Waldorf
Floyd vs Jal
Gadsden vs Las Cruces
Goddard vs Roswell
Graceway Christian Academy vs NMSD
Hagerman vs Mescalero
Hatch Valley vs Lordsburg
Hondo vs Gateway Christian
Manzano vs Sandia
Mayfield vs Alamogordo
Melrose vs Elida
Menaul vs Mountainair
Mesa Vista vs Cuba
Mesilla Valley vs Tularosa
Mora vs Penasco
Newcomb vs Ramah
Portales vs Lovington
Santa Rosa vs Fort Sumner
Santa Teresa vs Centennial
Socorro vs Hot Springs
St. Pius X vs Moriarty
To'Hajiilee vs Magdalena
Join the Conversation: Comment Here
New Mexico NEWS